More power, less emissions. The FS 56 RC-E trimmer features a high-performance, fuel-efficient engine that runs cleaner and smoother and provides about 5% more power than the FS 55 R. When it's not squeezing every last ounce of performance from its upright fuel tank, this straight-shaft grass trimmer keeps the weeds at bay, thanks to its AutoCut cutting head. This STIHL trimmer also features our Easy2Start technology, making starting nearly effortless. And with its simple, reliable and convenient starting procedure with a momentary stop switch which automatically returns to the start position, this trimmer is always at the ready to get to work.
For comfort, performance and maneuverability, this trimmer hits the sweet spot. The front handle is easily adjustable (360-degree rotation) for comfort. Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator's hand never has to leave the handle.
Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks. The STIHL Inc. "Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines "low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
The STIHL Easy2Start system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier.
- Air filter can easily be removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement
- Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage
- Throttle Trigger Interlock must be depressed before the trigger can be activated
- Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables
- By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill
- Cutting Width:
- Fuel Capacity:
- 11.5 oz.
- Engine Displacement:
- Engine Power:
- 1.07 bhp
- Power Source:
- Gas Engine
- Product Type:
- String Trimmer